PROLIFIC CHIP 16 inch DB-9 Serial Adapter High Speed USB SERIAL RS-232
Supports windows 7 (32 and 64-Bit)
Short Laptop/Desktop/Mobile Computer users that do not need the extra cable length love this unit, with RX/TX and Power LED Using Prolific Chip. Now Supports OS X and VISTA! Want to connect your GPS to your PC but dont have a 9-pin serial port connection? This cable will get you hooked. Using this converter cable and the PC interface cable for your unit, you can transfer maps, waypoints, routes and tracks between MapSource and your GPS. USB to RS232 converter cable your computer shows it like a standard COM port! New Jet Black Ultra-Flexi cable 1.2ft. cable 16inch end to end (usb to serial DB-9 port)
- Provides a single DB-9 serial port for connecting to:
- Works with Garmin GPS units, etc.
- PDA devices ...
- Digital Cameras...
- Standard Serial Devices
- Barcode Readers...
- Card Reader...
- Palm II&V...
- Graphic Tablets
- Label Printers...
- Plugs into a USB port on Windows 98/ME/2K/XP! PC
- Draws its power from the USB connection ... a power adapter is not required
- Supports data rates up to 230Kbps
- Works with all popular brands of PDAs
- Provides one RS-232 male DB9 port for direct connection to a PDA cradle or synchronization cable.
- Packages Includes:
- USB-232 Converter cable with 1ft. usb Type A end.
- One Users Manual.
- USB Driver Disk for WIN98/ME/2000/2003/XP/Vista!
Use the adapter directly from a USB port, or via a USB hub. The converter is powered by the USB port, so the hub must be powered. This adapter works with Windows Vista, MS Server 2003, Server 2000, XP, Win2K, WinMe, Win98SE, and with Mac OS 8, Mac OS 9, Mac OS X, and Linux (2.4 kernel and later).
Download the Mac OS X drivers. PL-2303 drivers Ver 1.0.6 for Mac OS 10.1.x, 10.2.x, 10.3.x Release Date: 04/11/2003.
Download the Mac OS 9 drivers here. PL-2303 drivers Ver 1.2.0 for Mac OS 8.x and OS 9.x Release Date: 03/14/2002
*Note: These devices are known by many names: USB-Serial adapters, USB-PDA adapters, and USB-RS-232 converters). Spelling can also depending on location so it may be called called USB-Serial adaptors, USB-PDA adaptors, or USB RS-232 adaptors, or USB RS232 adaptor.